Welcome to Bay Mills Brimley
Located in Superior
Corner of Depot St. & M-221 in
Trains rolled through Brimley from 1887
A railroad trestle
across Waishka Bay connected Brimley with the
now nonexistent milltown of Bay Mills with daily
passenger train service between Sault Ste. Marie
and Bay Mills. Trains brought logs to Mills in
Bay Mills and carried away lumber.
Exhibits at the museum, focus on this era :
- History of the Railroad in the Brimley
- Historic Bay Mills Town site.
- Early Telephone & Communications
- Logging & Milling of Lumber.
- Lake superior Fishing & Fishing Boats.
- Daily Life in Early Brimley.